I really love blogging. It offers a totally different outlet to talk about things I like with a bunch of relative strangers. And for that same reason, I tend to shy away from sharing too much personal information. Don’t get me wrong – I want readers to learn a little about me and my life… But I draw the line in the sand with sharing too many personal details about my private life (work, family, friends etc.) because I just think we sometimes forget how public the internet is. I am also highly cognizant of the fact that what I share will exist online forever… Long gone are the days that you could put something online (think mIRC & early day 1990′s websites) and it doesn’t exist anymore (thank God!). Technology and blogging has come a million miles since then… I love reading personal blogs that others write and really enjoy some of the fun and interesting facts that are revealed via questionnaires and award games that others share on their blogs.
So blah blah blah me. Some others have been super nice and nominated moi for several of these different awards including April from Money Pit Love, Heather from Interior Groupie and Sheila from SZ Interiors.
I am incredibly honored that they thought of me and the Row House Nest – but wasn’t sure if I was going to complete any of the questions as I felt hesitant about sharing information online. I know it’s silly and just fun… But what I thought I would do was to combine the three different questionnaires into one (allowing me to pick and choose) and go from there!
So here it goes…
April nominated me for a 7 x 7 award. I am suppose to share 7 facts about myself..
- I talk too much.
- I grew up in the Queen West neighbourhood in Toronto – beside Trinity Bellwoods.
- As a child, I had imaginary friends named Jewel and Diamond (obviously… how luxe are those names?).
- I have been chased by a herd of angry Irish cows.
- I have had the same personal email address since I was 15 (a long ass time).
- I already have my ‘next’ few dogs names picked out. Crazy like that.
- My friends sometimes call me ‘mom’ because I tend to mother people.
Now I am suppose to put some of my blog posts into certain categories…
Most popular: A Teal Romance – this was because a pseudo-English celebrity tweeted my link and lots of her followers came to visit me.
Most Pride Worthy: Orderly and Snug – it’s a little more recent and I feel like I am starting to learn how to use my DSLR camera… a wee bit anyways.
Most Helpful: hands down, DIY Headboard Tutorials – peeps LOVE this post.
Some awesome blogs (I decided to post only blogs that weren’t mentioned in the other bloggers posts!):
1. Salty or sweet? SALTY all the way. Am not a big sweets person at all…
2. How would you describe your ideal Sunday morning? Sleep in, coffee, long walk with the dogs (in mild weather of course), quality time with my gent, making a big fun dinner and enjoying a few drinks…
4. What is your dream job? I have my dream job. Truly. I am one of the luckiest people in the world.
5. What is the best piece of advice you have ever received? I have to preface this advice with why it means so much to me. I am incredibly indecisive and have a tendency to worry about how my decisions will affect other people… That said, the best advice I ever received was: make a decision and be committed to it a 100% – if you make a decision and are confident in it, others will follow suit and support you. So moral of the story? I learned to commit to a decision that suits me – and realized that people will be okay with it as long as I am.
6. What gets you out of bed in the morning, keeps you awake at night? My dogs get me out of bed (I hate the idea of them holding their pee for me)…. I am kept awake at night by work.
7. If you could pick anything on any menu, what would it be? I would likely recreate a meal B and I had in Sorrento, Italy two summers ago. It was the perfect meal. We still talk about it. Funny side story – we got to the restaurant via the dishwasher picking us up in his old Volvo, madly driving up the village and propping us out at some random restaurant. Sharing delicious red wine, Caprese salad, mushroom pasta and veal. Topped with more easy drinking red wine. We may have had antipasto, can’t remember that bit.
On a related note (but not)…This is some pizza we ordered one night in Sorrento. I thought this pizza box was the best.
8. What’s in your closet that’s seen better days, but somehow you just can’t let it go? My jogging pants are hideous and embarrassing. I pray daily that no one will see me in them. *If you have seen me at the dog park – please never share what I look like*
9. If you inherited an antique piece of furniture, would you modify it in any way? Where would you draw the line? Nope. I can’t bring myself to change inherited furniture for the most part… I updated chairs of my grandmother’s by recovering them. That’s all I could bring myself to do…
10. What is your most cherished family tradition? Camping in Algonquin Park. And celebrating my birthday together – my birthday is everyone’s favourite day – St Patrick’s Day! Love heading out for a few Guinness… And yes – I love Guinness. It’s not thick, like soup or ‘a meal.’ It took me years to realize that people that describe it as those things have never had more than a sip. I actually drink Guinness when I want to have a drink but don’t feel like having something too boozey….